View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 04:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
If the shot clock horn sounds while the ball is in the air, and the try then fails to contact the ring, the shot clock violation must be whistled no matter which team gains control of the miss.

However, if the try is an airball and the opposing team gains control prior to the shot clock expiring, as was the case that you describe, then the shot clock is properly reset upon the establishment of possession and the game should not be stopped by the officials.
I was thinking the latter was the case, considering when the visiting team rebounded & had control/possession the shot clock was about to go off, but the reset happened before the buzzer sounded.

The visitor HC was yelling for a shot clock violation even though it was her team that had possession after the rebound & shot clock reset. I was asked by the shot clock operator if the proper procedure was followed. All I could say was how I saw it the home team shot missed, but the visiting team had possession via the rebound before the shot clock buzzer sounded.