View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 03:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Which is the interesting one?
Actually, consider it a 2 part question.

In the gym I do scoreboard/timer, I've been given the authority to act as crowd control, so during the halftimes in that gym I don't allow anyone on the floor. The only exception to the rule would be a player playing in a game later that evening, however their coach has to be present.

For the past 2 years, during the Varsity Halftimes, at my alma mater, the Spirit Club or FBLA does Soda Shoots to raise money. Unfortunately, the only time the floor gets swept is before the JV Game happening on that floor, other than that no floor sweeps. There's a policy of no soda in the gym, yet they do the Soda Shoots. Last year it kinda nipped them cause at the end of the last Varsity Game a person dropped their soda bottle they won and it sprayed all over the floor.

I can see the drill/dance team doing a routine at halftime, but not allowing anyone on the floor with non-court shoes to shoot baskets. During the Soda Shoots, everyone that participates goes out on the floor & constant reminders are said about no street shoes on the court, yet being ignored.

Last edited by chseagle; Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 03:47am.