View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 03:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Before the JV & C-squad games I do, majority of the time, the home book does not have the roster(s) in the book nor are the starters listed as per NFSH Regulations (10 minutes before the game). Is there anything I can do about it, or is it up to the floor officials to decide whether or not to assess the Administrative Ts?

All this time I've been doing scoreboard/timer & shot clock, I have never seen an Administrative T assessed for this.
Yes, there are things you can and ought to do about this. You should hunt down both coaches/assistants/whomever and get their rosters before the 10 minute mark. As a deputized member of the officiating crew (truthfully, more like Barney than Andy, but without even a bullet in the pocket), your primary role is to facilitate the smooth running of the game. Being proactive, engaging in a little "dead ball officiating", to ensure that everything is in order and problems are averted is always preferred to simply waiting for the 10 minute mark to arrive to spring a big old "GOTCHA!" on one or both teams.

As for the administrative T, that's up to the referee to enforce or not. Perhaps the reason you have never seen it done is that the officials have simply been instructed not to enforce this at the sub-varsity level.

BTW, just to add to the earlier being proactive and averting problems idea...the referee is required to check the book at the 10 minute mark. But a lot of referees will check it at 12 so there is time to correct any mistakes before you hit the 10 minute mark.