View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
As an example, last year I was doing shot clock for Girls' Varsity, whenever a foul was being called the calling official was looking at me & reporting the information at me, instead of to the Scoreboard/Timer & Scorebook.

I had worked with that official several times before when I was JV & C-Squad Scoreboard/Timer, and the official was so used to my method of operations. The person that does the Varsity Scoreboard/Timer has been doing it for at least 10 years, yet I've only done scoreboard/timer for 4-5 years. You'd think the more senior person would have more respect/appreciation from the officials, yet whenever I am at the table I get better responses than others.

With this person that's got the more experience, I've seen several screw ups, yet no one seems to want to change things.
you sound a little jaded... just because the JV coach goes undefeated for 3 straight years doen't mean he/she gets the varsity job. That is just basketball politics... you refs never have to deal with politics I am sure.

(sorry for the off topic remarks)