View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
It is always better to work with an experienced and competent table crew.

That said, this is not the choice of the officials, and we have to take whomever the school provides and do the best that we can.

I have seen several games get screwed up in the past couple of seasons because of the table crew not handling their duties properly.
As an example, last year I was doing shot clock for Girls' Varsity, whenever a foul was being called the calling official was looking at me & reporting the information at me, instead of to the Scoreboard/Timer & Scorebook.

I had worked with that official several times before when I was JV & C-Squad Scoreboard/Timer, and the official was so used to my method of operations. The person that does the Varsity Scoreboard/Timer has been doing it for at least 10 years, yet I've only done scoreboard/timer for 4-5 years. You'd think the more senior person would have more respect/appreciation from the officials, yet whenever I am at the table I get better responses than others.

With this person that's got the more experience, I've seen several screw ups, yet no one seems to want to change things.