View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 04, 2009, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
Hogwash. Again these are high school kids. I's nothing about the kids. No matter the level, frosh, soph, JV, varsity etc the kids are putting in tons of hard work in practice not to mention their time investment. Schools are investing thousands of dollars in transportation, coaches, workers, officials, etc and drive miles to play a game and we can't stay a few extra minutes to see it to completion? REALLY! We talking about the difference (as an example) of getting home at 9:45 instead of 9:30 REALLY! We're not talking a extra hour or more. The ones that care about their studies will see that end thru no matter what. That is part of the sacrifice to play athletics.

So what they don't play in a state championship? The kids don't want to see the fruits of their labor arbitrarily shorten because admins don't want to be there. And that is what a rule like that is truly about. Because if you think it's about the kids I have a bridge to sell you.
I don't necessarily like it, but I understand it. Schools here are short on budgets, short on staff, and under a lot of pressure. There are rules about the latest games can start so that they can manage the ending times. This is part of the deal.

I'm guessing it won't happen more than a time or two in our district, as most of our schools don't play sub-V games before V games.