Thread: Throw-in Spot
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 04, 2009, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverz View Post
Would someone please show "exactly" where in the Rule or Caseplay book the answer to this simple question that our association started throwing around.

Caseplay: Along the endline in the backcourt, A1 inbounds the ball. No other players are paying attention and the ball eventually rolls out-of-bounds along the sideline without ever being touched. Where does Team B have the ball for a throw-in?

They are saying the throw-in is where the ball went out-of-bounds, not where it was originally inbounded even though no player touched the ball. Which is it since I can't seem to locate it in the books?

Thanks
I must admit, I'm surprised an association with, I'm guessing, more than a handful of officials would not know this one.

I was working a Varsity game last year and B1 kicks the ball under A's basket, whistle is blown immediately and official signals a kicked ball as it rolls out of bounds on opposite endline, where he signals the spot throw-in shall take place. It took a huddle to convince him he was wrong.

Brain fart as he's a good official.