View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 03:28pm
Huck Finn

I'm not going to go so far as to give you that amen, but I know what you are saying. I will say this, knowing that some of those "gotchas" may come my way: what you see on internet sites are often people with mysterious personas who can say and do whatever they want from behind their keyboard. In reality, some people can't officiate their way out of the locker room, but have something to say about every aspect of the game. I'm not necessarily talking about this site.

This year is my first year back in Vegas and there are many faces I don't know. When an individual always has a wise-guy comment I always ask someone I know if that person can officiate. Every time, the answer is no. Those are the officials who I would think should learn how to shut up and listen first. In Southern Nevada we are going through some volatile times and listening should be priority number one.

What I will agree with you about is we are a team. With the proper dedication and listening skills, we can all become better officials, better partners and better caretakers of the game we all love.

Last edited by tomegun; Thu Dec 03, 2009 at 03:32pm.