Thread: that coach!
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 17, 2002, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

college girl,
Is this how most rookie coaches act?
No, I don't think any respectable coach acts this way.

I called the super this morning and stated my concern. She said she will talk to the coach. But in my opinion, she did not sound to pleased to do so. And honestly, I feel that because this is his first year as a coach, he will say anything to save face with the school.
I would want all three parties to be in the meeting. That way you know exactly what is/isn't said to the coach. Of course, the super/coach will meet w/o you.

And another question, How does kids learn to play the game if they barely, or rarely, get to play at the games?
I beg to differ. Nobody learns how to play during the game. They learn how to play in practice. That's why you practice more than you play. I hear parents say they don't want their kid to try for the middle school team in the 5-6th grade because they won't get as much playing time as they would in our "youth" league. I don't agree. Our youth league practices one hour on 1/2 of the court & plays one game per week. However, the middle school practices 3 or 4 times per week for about 2 hours using the whole gym. They also play 1, 2 or sometimes 3 games per week.
Best of Luck to you.