View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
Had a 1A (smallest size) girls JV/V double header tonight.

The lights went out at 4:16 left in the 3rd quarter of the varsity game. It took about 15 minutes to get them back on.

Had JUCO Womens game last season. Visiting team's coach was someone I knew from some clinics. He asked to talk to me after half. Said that the book had his best player with 4 fouls, and he knew that she only had three. He knew another player had 3, but only 4 in book. Having no direct knowledge, and after talking with partner I told him we could make no changes. He was understanding but wanted to vent. Anyway, we start and about 5:00 minutes into the 2nd half the lights go out. Everything! Not even emergency lights were on at this point. During the first 5 minutes his team had gone on a 20+ - 0 run.

Anyway - he is still mad about the fouls, jumps up and starts yelling about all sorts of things from locker room facilities, to the foul situation to the lights going out stopping him momentum. Coaches and my partners and I are on court trying to sort this out as he is having his tirade. MY partner finally says, "Coach - the lights are your fault." Coach asks what the H--- he means. Partner says, "Well, you're the one shooting the light out in this game." SILENCE (for about 5 seconds) then huge laughter by all of us. Lights on 40 minutes later. Gave a couple minutes to both teams to warm-up again and finished game. Coach all smiles after that.