Thread: that coach!
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 17, 2002, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by dacollegegirl
I am at my wits end with this coach! It is a school coach. My son (the 4th grader)...

I have half a mind to change schools, but maybe this is a lesson "someone" is trying to get through to me. I don't know! Any advice?
Is this the same coach that was berating the players, who you told us about a couple weeks ago?

Yes, I am the one who posted a few weeks ago about the same coach (coach behavior). I have tried to talk to him and the superintendent about his actions. Coach is not willing to "cow down to a parent" and the super has no problem with his coaching. Is this how most rookie coaches act?

I was going to try to face-to-face with the super this morning with my son, but it would have made him late for class, and he is scared. I can undertand his feelings because of the first incident with my 5th grade daughter, she got dogged by all her classmates that day. (And I only said that I had half a mind to change schools.)

I called the super this morning and stated my concern. She said she will talk to the coach. But in my opinion, she did not sound to pleased to do so. And honestly, I feel that because this is his first year as a coach, he will say anything to save face with the school.

And another question, How does kids learn to play the game if they barely, or rarely, get to play at the games? It is my opinion that all kids play no matter how bad they play, especially at this age level. Not bench them just because they didn't participate in p.e class. (Isn't it his job to encourage them to play in p.e. class?)

Ok, enough ranting, sorry for taking up alot of space...