View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2009, 04:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanja View Post
Valid concerns. Most of the article addressed the 3-second rule literally and seconded the emphasis of the NCAA and NFHS to consistently enforce the rule. The wording you objected to in 3 of the tips was intended to emphasis that, like with most violations, it is preferable to be patient and sure at the expense of some violations not being penalized.

To your 3 points;

1. Yes, 'delete leaving the hand.' Player and team control ends when the ball has left the hand on a try. However, if there is any doubt about the player still touching the ball, do not call a violation.

2. The count is suspended when a 'player starts to exit the restricted area under FIBA, NCAA and NBA/WNBA rules but not NFHS rules. This should be specified.

3. "A player must clearly, without a doubt touch the boundary line to violate" is an accurate replacement for the the barely touching wording.

I have updated the original post in this thread to reflect these changes. The original article will also be updated.
Well, you didn't have to do any of that for little ol' me, but I'll sleep better tonight.