View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 17, 2009, 10:12am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev View Post
So some of you and going to T up the team for not wearing something that they do not have? The schools have it worked out.... its early in the season - probably the first game... it was a mistake from the supplier.... I know what they letter of the rules states, but I also know that we interpret those rules on every call we make every tome we blow the whistle. We've all let a lot of possible T's go uncalled for a lot of reasons. I'm not going to T this up.
What if this was a tourney and we had this situation because of only available clean uniforms? A T reaks too much of the fashion police on this one for me. Start the game without the T. Play it. Notify it. If the state association is unhappy, they'll tell me.
Here in VA the rule doesn't apply for tournaments. Also here in VA the schools are directed by the VHSL to notify the VHSL if they have such a uniform problem as stated by the OP. This has been clearly stated to officials and school representatives at each of the mandatory state rules clinics for at least the last 2 years. How about the AD properly doing their jobs and we wouldn't have to deal with it as officials?