View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 15, 2002, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: How to tell a vet they are wrong?

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
It never 'looks better' do do it wrong.
Then why do they change the mechanic every once in a while? I guess I just disagree with you. I happen to think standing on the low blocks looks much better then the Fed mechanic. It also gets you out of the way of the cheerbabes. I use the Fed mechanic in my HS games, but not b/c it's the "best" way to do it. Additionally, nobody gives a rat's rear end about the officials during a TO. Nobody cares if you're at midcourt, or whatever. On top of that, in a hotly contested game, or at the end of a close game, you better be talking to your partner(s) and not standing 40 feet apart.

Quote:
These same veterans are the ones that like to stand on the sideline as Trail during a free throw. How are you going to help with any call from way over there? You can't possibly see your side of the key.
Why not? I don't see the objection here. So you stand a little more toward midcourt to get a good angle. I always stand very near, if not quite on, the sideline as T. It's not a problem, believe me.

Chuck