View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Either color is fine by me.

Despite any changes in the NFHS guidelines, umpire uniforms will still be at the discretion of each individual state association. For instance, my state currently mandates heather grey pants and navy blue shirts. So, no matter what NFHS says, blue pants are not an option!

The state uniform standards for 2010 haven't been released yet, but there aren't any changes on the horizon that I'm aware of. Even if they do make some changes, they will likely grandfather them in after a few seasons. One reason- our shirts must carry the official state logo and at this time the logo is available only on navy blue shirts. Navy blue shirts with navy blue pants would be an odd combination!

The state association recently redesigned the official logo on shirts and began offering the new logo for sale. But they are giving umpires three seasons before the new logos are mandatory. I am expecting some future clarification on pants being heather grey now that the darker charcoal grey is more readily available.

Time will tell!