View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 16, 2000, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alaska Ref
Unhappy

I believe that your partner should turn over to the DA any and all information for prosecution.

It seems to me that the most kids today have never had to take responsibility for their actions! I wonder if the players parents were at the game? More likely then not the rec league is looked upon by some as a giant babysitting service that is expected to teach kids common traits such as manners and respect for one another.

I know that my comment's are not a blanket covering all kids, but the trend as we have all witnessed is to blame someone else, "it's not my fault he made me do it!" No it's not the fault of any game official for doing there job, with all the technical's called in the game in question the TRAVESTY rule must be invocked!

My Grandmother had a great saying, "Life is a lousy Teacher, it gives you the Test first and then the lesson!" I believe that the basketball court is a place that should be seen as a life lesson, that you are responsible for your actions and just because you may be a gifted athlete does not excuse you from responsibilty!

Good Luck