View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 05, 2009, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Ref View Post
I didn't call it. It was like I couldn't believe it. I still wonder what was up on that play.

A snaps the ball and the left tackle pulls to the right. As he runs past the quaterback (who is dropping back....rather slowly) he pushes the quarterback in the back towards his own goal line.

As I keep playing it back in my mind, I'm guessing that he was helping his quarterback drop back a little quicker.

I kept watching for it to happen again, never did. Maybe he was pushing off so that he could get to his assignment faster. But I keep thinking this was another coach trying to gain an advantage........

Coach, to team: Our quarterback has one fine passing arm. The problem is....he is way too slow getting back to the pocket.......How can we, as a team, help him to get back to the pocket quicker.....

Anyway, I just had to get this off my chest.
Didn't get called, huh? [breaking out notebook, furtively taking notes, drawing diagram]

Seriously, though, the QB's getting in the way of pulling linemen is a considerable coaching concern. Usually, though, the fear is of their feet getting tangled, and pushing out of the way isn't going to help with that.