View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 31, 2009, 06:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
I disagree, Brent. NFHS wants a warm up period, but I believe that they'll leave the implementation of that to the states. There's a lot of variability around half-time -- a band or two, other ceremonies, etc. -- a lot of variability about how far teams have to go between locker room and field, different facility sizes, etc. Unlike insisting on certain enforcements during the game, they'll leave this issue to the states, IMO.
What does any of that have to do with the warmup period? The NHFS allows the the intermission time to be adjusted. If there is some special ceremony or something then they can extend the halftime intermission. The warmup period is completely separate from the intermission.

Everything you are talking about relates to a longer intermission. The warmup period still will start immediately after the intermission is finished. All it comes down to in the end is that one of the team members must look at a clock or use a stopwatch to know what time they need to be back on the field.

The NFHS says specifically how to run the warmup period. I don't think that they are trying to leave it up to states to decide how to do it.

Last edited by LDUB; Sat Oct 31, 2009 at 07:01pm.