View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 30, 2009, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I've posted this already on the NFHS forum, as reply to an existing thread, but since this Forum gets a lot more action, I thought that I would post the situation on the Official Forum as well:

In the second period, A6 reports to the table, is beckoned onto the court, and legally enters the game. A6 plays a few minutes, doesn't score, doesn't foul anyone, is eventually replaced by another player, and heads to the bench. Several live balls, and dead balls, occur, and the halftime buzzer sounds. While picking up their warmup jackets, the scorekeeper informs the officials that he is 100% sure that A6 participated, which is confirmed by the visiting scorekeeper, but A6 was not in the scorebook. Since A6 didn't score, or foul, the scorekeeper didn't want to interrupt the flow of the game by informing the officials of the infraction before halftime. At this time, A6 is still not in the scorebook.

Because A6 played, but was not in the scorebook, do the officials inform the scorekeeper to add the A6 to the scorebook during halftime, and penalize with a technical foul to start the third period?

Or, do the officials wait until the next time A6 legally enters the game, if he enters the game, and then add his name to the scorebook, and penalize with a technical foul at that point.

Or, due the several live balls, and dead balls, did some type of statute of limitations pass, and the scorekeeper can simply add A6 to the scorebook during halftime, with no penalty.

I know that the scorekeeper screwed up, but the officials still have to deal with it. What is the correct procedure?
Do you get new case books in CT? Check out the new cases in rule 3. (Hint: It's the same thing as the answers you've received when you've asked this question before.)