View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Could someone please review the timeout and between quarters mechanic where officials (two-man) should be (NFHS)? I don't have my official's manual in front of me and I keep getting conflicting opinions from other vets on how this is applied.

Case 1: Lead along the baseline grants Team A a timeout in their frontcourt. The lead reports the timeout (a 30 second T.O.) and immediately returns to the spot of the throw in? The trail stands in front of the center circle? Is this procedure correct? If not, please advise. Also, which official is responsible for notifying the teams that the first (warning) buzzer has sounded? Both, right?

Case 2: Trail grants the T.O. (a 60 second) to Team A with the ball in their frontcourt. The ball will be inbounded on the sideline after the T.O. is over. Trail reports the T.O., immediately returns to the spot where the ball will be inbounded while the lead stands behind the center circle?

Case 3: Between quarters, the referee stands at the center line opposite the table while the umpire stands at the FT line of the frontcourt in the direction the ball will be inbounded, right? Thanks again for the confirmation or condemnation.