View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kape View Post
I agree that it was technically the right call, but it was still imperfect umpiring. The second base umpire signaled out before the shortstop tagged second, but a much quicker out call on the line drive would have avoided the confusion for the base runner.

The first base umpire called Cano safe (when he was already out), so he added to the confusion. I suppose if Matsui had gone back safely to first and then walked off because of the safe call, the umpires would have put him back on first base after their huddle.

Matsui should have been alert and seen the line drive being caught and gone back to first, but this was not a play for which to pat the umpires on the back.
it was a pop fly/line drive.. what in the heck do you mean a quicker signal.. as soon as it happen he signal like 8 times.. watch the guy dude. the 1b umpire wasnt looking at the catch...and he should have signal safe.. then thats was they got together.