View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 10, 2009, 12:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
JRutledge: Of course permanent tattoos are permanent, but the point of emphasis states that they can be covered. Coaches, with, or without, the backing of the NFHS, or NCAA, have done this for years with their players. Dru Joyce did ths with LeBron James at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, and Geno Auriemma does this at the University of Connecticut. Although I find you to be a very credible poster, I don't recall anything coming form the NFHS since 1996-97 regarding tattoos, either confirming this point of emphasis, or overturning this point of emphasis, so, as is my usual request, with all due respect, citation please.

"Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe" (John 20:25)
Well I am not going to have a citation because that was well over 10 years ago and according to what I have been told these old rulings no longer apply anyway. I am just saying that this ruling was about 13-14 years ago and I remember them modifying the interpretation on this because it would cause so many legal and religious problems. And unless you can find something more recent or current, I would be careful trying to use this so it applied in today's game. I was told a few years ago if there is an interpretation no longer in the casebook there is a reason for this.

Also the Lebron James situation I remember. This was the school's decision to have his tattoos covered up, not the officials or the OHSAA. I even remember this being discussed in the broadcasts at the time and on here. We may have to go back and do a search, but I am almost positive this was discussed here in some detail.

I am sorry I just have a fundamental problem with these very old rulings that only officials like you that keep these rulebooks for several years can find. There are many officials that have not started officiating yet and have no idea where this ruling is or if it even applies.

Peace