View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Just finished the test only. Got a 93. So, really, I wasn't asking for the moon, just some clarifications on the goofy wording and some food for thought. But as I said re the charge of Fishing in the Third Degree ... guilty as charged. Again, thanks for the help. Mike
Congrats on a very good score!

If you're referring to my "Fishing lessons" comment previously...I was not accusing you of fishing for answers. I was making a (apparently much too) vague reference to the saying: Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.

(Not to be confused with a very similar, and probably more profound saying: Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll spend every waking moment in a little boat with his line in the water, drinking beer, and telling lies.)

Just FYI, it seems you're new here. If so you likely don't know that test questions are a prickly topic. In past years several folks have come swooping in during test time, posting what amounted to, "What are the answers to questions 12, 24, 48, and 96?" and reacting angrily when the answers were not promptly posted simply for the asking. It has gotten ugly at times. So we've basically adopted the policy that we're happy to help folks find answers, to nudge them in the right direction, even answer questions about the questions, but not to just give out answers.

Good luck with your season, and bring the questions that come up in games back here to discuss. You'll get much more direct answers in that situation.