View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
They had cancelled all MS sports (in the 80s I believe - before I moved to the area) and restored them a few years back. A couple of MS travel leagues formed due to an absence of school competition (and HS coach complaints about players that weren't ready!). I am in Montgomery County, MD. Frederick County plays a very full schedule (they started practice a month ago and will play thru Feb - about 20 games plus tourneys). Howard County has no MS sports. So in MD, there is no consistency from county to county. And I think that N. VA has nothing in the schools, but I am not certain.
Hawks Coach: Actually northern VA, Fairfax, Alexandria, and Prince William counties have a very extensive MS program. I have worked these quite often because I can leave work early and do a MS game and then go do a JV or Varsity game later. The MS games start around 2:00 - 2:30 and pay $50.00 for a 1-man game. 95% of the games are 2-man.