View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCASA View Post
Okay .. ASA Rule Book .. Says if the player is on your roster you can add subs anytime.. as long as they are listed on your roster.

What do the other rule books says?
Here's what my rulebook says.

ASA 10.1 "They (the umpires) have the power to order a player, coach, captain or managerto carry out or omit any act, which in their judgment, is necessary to give force and effect to any or all these rules, and to impose penalties as herein described."

Coach "I don't have to list my subs, I can add them when I choose."

Plate Umpire "Coach, I have the authority in the rulebook to direct you to list those currently here right now. I am telling you to do that, now. If you refuse, I also have the authority to determine your refusal is intended to be both an unsportsmanlike act, and as a direct refusal to honor my valid and legal request; if you insist on your position, now that I have stated this request as a requirement, I must, according to the rules you want to rely on, eject you for both stated reasons. So, I will give you enough time to list them, right now; failing that, please name the replacement head coach, who will also be requested, and therefore required, to list those subs currently present."

Say that once or twice; I bet you get subs listed anytime they see you on the field after that.