View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 07, 2009, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
Ok, either I'm not following things correctly, or there was a typo by OP. First, as I read it, A1 has the throw-in, then 4 members of team A rush unto the court? Should B1 have the throw-in? Also, was A5 already on the floor and walked back to the scorer's table? Or was A5 still in the bench area, then walked to the scorer's table?

If A1 had the throw-in, with 4 teammates on the floor, then it's a T when A5 came unto the floor, per 10.2.2. If it is indeed B1's throw-in, then was A5 already on the court with 4 teammates, then walked off to the scorer's table, while A played with 4? In reading the play, it sounds like A5 stayed in the bench area, then walked to the table while her teammates played with 4, until she came out unto the court. If that's the case, then the T is covered by 10.1.9.

I think this may have been discussed before, but what if A5 stayed at the table until the next dead ball - is it still a T under 10.1.9? The case play seems to imply the T is called as soon as the player enters the court, so if A5 nevers enters (until the next proper dead ball), is there still a T, even though A is also disadvantaged by only playing with 4?
He probably meant B1 for throw in.