View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
You have a violation here no matter what level or the game situation. We are not talking about a simple slip of the pivot foot 1/4inch, or was the hand really facing the ceiling. And if it was, did he gain any advantage.

From my read of the statement, you had a player with control of the ball before he went OOB to throw it back in. Even if he lost control of it after he was OOB it hit the court and came back and he caused the ball to be OOB. What happens the next time when it counts? When there is pressure or when the game is close and he is called on it?

What happens next time? You call it, that's what. Simple as that. If you want to call it, be my guest, you'll be one of the guys nevadaref is calling an idiot and we've all worked with them. I know it's a different sport but I had an experienced white hat call a penalty on a team for equipment, kid only had one of the straps fastened on one side of the helmet, they were losing by 55-0 with 2 minutes left, 3rd and 1, about to get their first first down of the game, now you don't think i will look at him as an idiot for the rest of my life do you?