View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 06, 2009, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And it is my experience in football officiating that this almost never happens and players all the time think what they see on TV, they can do. I have taken the time to explain a lot of things to players on the football field and they ignore it, and have to get flagged or nearly thrown out of the game before they listen. I agree that what was said specifically was not the best, but the coach is ultimately responsible for what their team does, not the official. And football officiating is a little different than basketball officiating when it comes to how players listen and what they listen to. I am not blaming you, just saying teach them in this part of the game what to do. Now you know there are officials right or wrong that will tell kids similar things. Now adjust to what they may hear or face. That is why my crew uses “Guys, careful and do not act stupid and protect yourselves.” And some here would have a problem with that, but that is what we do.

Peace

This is a bunch of hooey. Official screwed up if he told the kids that. No way around it. Time to call a spade a spade.