View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 05, 2009, 01:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
That is the point. People call it a tight end even when he is lined up wide. People call it a wide receiver even when he is lined up tight.

You said "The term Wide Receiver means they are wide on the formation" It doesn't. Just as being a tight end does not mean they are tight on the formation.
LDUB,

I will still use the terms and I have never had anyone not understand what I was talking about except with you or on this website. I have never had officials not understand the term or get confused until now. And the fact that someone online has a problem with it tells me a lot honestly after 14 years of officiating. Do what works for you; I will certainly do the same.

What we call the position really does not matter. If you are not in the FBZ and on the line (at the snap), you cannot block below the waist anyway. It is that simple. What we call the position is irrelevant. But I have never had anyone ever think a wide receiver was someone as someone clearly on the line and in the FBZ. First time for everything I guess.

Peace