View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 24, 2009, 08:56am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Perhaps you don't fall into this category, but I think if you look at the main complaints about this new mechanic when it was first released, I think you'll find that's exactly what people were saying. That seemed to be the main issue with the majority of people who don't like it. Not everyone, but the majority who did complain.
I'm not sure people were complaining as much as asking for the rationale. I saw assumptions that it had to do with communicating with the coaches but I have yet to read that from the NFHS (maybe I just missed it). But assuming that is the rationale I personally don't see how it would enhance communication. On free throws the Trail is going to nowhere near one of the coaches, and in the 2nd half it's going to be the coach most likely looking for an answer to a question since his/her team just sent the opposing team to the free throw line.

I just prefer the old mechanic based on court vision. Of course some folks here have a heart attack if someone expresses a preference for something. If your thought process or logic is not the same as theirs then you can't possibly be a good official.

Last edited by Raymond; Thu Sep 24, 2009 at 09:03am.