View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 21, 2009, 06:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Again, maybe I should be more clear. Consistency, on the high school level has more to do with consistency within an association. The problem is we have officials who talk a good game and supposedly know it all, but the only thing consistent about their game is they consistently get themselves into a bind. We are also trying to get officials we work with locally to understand application of the rule book instead of just knowing how to pass the test. I will be working with many of these officials so I absolutely care about how prepared they are.

I have had this discussion with Rut before; I think it is time we start talking less and being able to do more.
Here is the thing, trying to get consistency in my area is even less likely when people in their area do not work with the people in their association. So if you have 3 different officials with 3 different associations how are they going to get consistency when they all might be coming to the table with different points of view? In other words we are not going to get there by talking before the season and coming to a consensus. We can come to some consensus in pre-game and following other mandates with the IHSA. But talking in meetings is only going to get the people in the room on the same page, not when the season starts unless you are fortunate to work with the same people.

Peace