View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 20, 2009, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
I'm always looking for new ways to improve my officiating. As I was going through my mail today, I saw my monthly chemistry news and research magazine. {insert chemist jokes here} I'm a chemist so I think it's ok that I get those types of magazines I then started to think that I don't get any officiating magazines (besides the NFHS Officiating Quarterly). Do you all get any magazines that you believe are beneficial?

-Josh
The NASO membership is the way to go. It offers not only the insurance and Referee Magazine, but they give you a 50 percent off card for all Marriott hotels. Each year, I use that card once or twice, and in one weekend, I can save enough to pay for the membership for several years. The savings from that hotel discount card is over $1000 since I originally joined NASO three years ago. (I stayed at a Marriott in San Francisco during Christmas week once for $47.)

If you never make an insurance claim, which most of us never do, your money doesn't just disappear like with all other insurance. You actually get something this way.