View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 04, 2009, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the comments guys. The NBA style rules for the adult league are definitely interesting. I understand the concept of the league. In my opinion, the league is trying to "simulate the NBA experience" for people who can't make it to the pros. At the higher levels, lots of the guys are former local high school players and maybe JC/small college players. The lower levels are for the everyday guys who may not have played high school but want to play organized hoops.

The games I worked had fairly young guys so it was not your typical adult league. The young guys wanted to run a lot and there was a lot of banging. I don't know how often I've been working the league, but hopefully I squeeze in a few games here and there.

I don't have any particular questions about officiating under the rules because I have a good understanding of them. However, if anyone feels like sharing any challenges they had, please feel free to do so.

As far as my blog goes, the "Behind the Whistle" title came from something I wrote for a league I was playing in. I really liked the title so I decided to grab the domain and write a blog since I am unemployed right now. I got laid off several months ago and have not been able to land a job. I'm running Google ads to try to earn side money through them.

I've had some positive comments from other officials (from my group) that have read the blog, so I'm glad others also enjoy reading it as well. I find it fun to write and just sharing my experiences. It's definitely a niche blog but I don't see many people doing it.