View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 28, 2009, 06:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino View Post
Steve, just curious what part of my post do you not agree with? I made several statements, some that I suspect would generate some disagreement.
These parts:

Quote:
Ace is 100% correct.
I don't think he is 100% correct. He said these are the best umpires at the WS he's ever seen. If this is true, I wonder if he's ever seen the tournament before, because these guys are certainly not the best, with few exceptions. Some were better than others, but only a couple would I classify as "very good." The guy working the plate in the GA/CA game last night was rather brutal, as were U1 and U3. Keystone Cops brutal.

Sure, they are at the "top" of "their" game, which is the scary part. What were they like at the bottom?

Quote:
There are times when what we do at the HS level would seem out of place in a Little League sanctioned game, just like what LL wants to see their umpires do would seem foreign to us at the HS level.
I don't know why using professional mechanics, judgment, timing and game management would be frowned upon in Little LeagueŽ, or any level of baseball. I've worked Pinto to Semi-Pro, and everything in between, including LLŽ baseball, and never altered my mechanics or timing to look like some of the Smitties I've witnessed the last couple of weeks in Williamsport.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25