View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 27, 2009, 01:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones View Post
I had sworn off replying on this board but saw this thread and had to say something.

It doesn't just make me mad, it pi$$e$ me off when umpires take OUR organization's training and go use it to help train others and/or to use their wares in LL, NSA, USSSA or some other organization.

I am loyal to a fault (apparently to the chagrin of a few) to ASA and to our local Seattle association. Our local association deal with three groups: ASA, NFHS and NCAA (and JUCO ball, which up here uses NCAA rules and mechanics). We have some of the best training around. It was my pleasure to have been a part of that. I think we did ok judging from those who have had national assignments and performed at an extremely high level over the past six years. I can't and wouldn't claim full or even much of the partial credit for that, but am grateful I used to be part of it.

The ones who pi$$ me off, though, are the ones who are, at best, half-a$$ed umpires who are not only stealing our money by working for other associations but stealing our time and attention by taking our training then working for some other outfit.
Did they have to compensate the organization for that time and attention?