View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 26, 2009, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

I had sworn off replying on this board but saw this thread and had to say something.

It doesn't just make me mad, it pi$$e$ me off when umpires take OUR organization's training and go use it to help train others and/or to use their wares in LL, NSA, USSSA or some other organization.

I am loyal to a fault (apparently to the chagrin of a few) to ASA and to our local Seattle association. Our local association deal with three groups: ASA, NFHS and NCAA (and JUCO ball, which up here uses NCAA rules and mechanics). We have some of the best training around. It was my pleasure to have been a part of that. I think we did ok judging from those who have had national assignments and performed at an extremely high level over the past six years. I can't and wouldn't claim full or even much of the partial credit for that, but am grateful I used to be part of it.

The ones who pi$$ me off, though, are the ones who are, at best, half-a$$ed umpires who are not only stealing our money by working for other associations but stealing our time and attention by taking our training then working for some other outfit.