View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 20, 2009, 04:31pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
kind of in responses to some of the other posts I've been reading. And also because I just had a few cups of green tea and my mind is a bit fuzzy right now.

One, on those trick plays you see or maybe just one on accident. player catches a pass and before dribbling tosses the ball to the side or over the defenders head and gets the ball again. Is the player allowed to dribble or grab the ball? How do you tell what is dribble or a pass in this situation

2. If shot goes through the rim from underneath is that a violation right away and is play stopped. If the ball goes underneath and hits the net and rim but goes not go through is that the same? If it isn't a violation I assume the shot clock would continue and a player would be allowed to get the ball and dribble again. edit--------------
3. What is your favorite color and who is Biggles.
1. As long as the ball bounces before he grabs it, it's legal. He can either hold it or dribble it at this point. If, however, he holds it then dribbles again, it's an illegal dribble violation.

2. As soon as the ball goes up through the rim, it's a violation.

2a. It's not a violation until and unless it goes up through the rim from the bottom.

2b. No clue on the shot clock, but the player should be allowed to retrieve the ball and start a new dribble. My guess is the shot clock would reset if it was even remotely resembling a shot attempt.

3. 7