View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 18, 2009, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Sense of Humor - Thanks Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Translation: What Ozzy said was funny as hell. After laughing, I cleared my throat, thus the AHEM.

Then, to address the original topic, I wrote what I wrote. Sorry the term "Job description" was too literal for you, and sorry that it seemed that I was in conflict with Ozzy.

SHEESH!
You guys are great...needed a laugh today, stressful at work and some family stuff going on...I did not want to LOL so I put an LQ in there in case I embarrassed myself again. You have to learn to laugh at yourself and not to take all this stuff seriously unless we are referring to actual rules help.. Steve, great comment...I did not know that nor can I even think that quick anymore, "seperate keys for the batter's box." I guess I know I am in trouble these days when my partner tells me at the pre-game meeting as I struggle to read my notes that I have my glasses on backwards and my ball bag is on the wrong side. With my Navy and Merchant Marine background I should know how to play and take pratical jokes. I believe the military and frat orgs are the experts. For new personnel on board ship, their first assignment was to send themo down to the engine room, usually about 6 stories (decks) down and get a bucket of steam, bring it top side and don't spill any. They would usually get down to the 4th deck and realize they had been punked!

Y'all have a great day and thanks for all your comments. We all have developed some techniques to improve the flow of the game and manage the game a little better, and even if it does not state in the rules to get the ball back in play timely, we all want to enhance the game. I like Steve, used to be able to throw well but now I can not trust myself. I will assist the catcher at times but just can not toss real well. Anyway, enough with this post.

I heard a preacher one time state these words after he lost his train of thought during a sermon and I kinda picked up on it now when I have some brain fog or when the situation gets confusing..."Just do what ya do Lord, just do what ya do"! I just have to avoid saying this when calling a bang bang play.