Thread: The Game
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 16, 2009, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
I have spent the last two weekends in Nebraska and have had the privilege of calling a couple of slowpitch state championships tournaments in my former home state.
The first was was an E tournament with over 70 teams and I found the teams very respectful and well behaved in general. I just returned from the church, 35 and over and the 45 and over. The 35 and over might be the best slowpitch softball in Nebraska IMHO. And those guys were A$$s.
So I guess I tend to disagree that the lower levels are the worst behaved. At least that has been my past and most recent experiences.
Game management. You are an ***, bye bye. Others stop being asses.

Just came back from ISSA Worlds. Championship game of over 40 majors. Team says one or two things I can hear sitting by dugout about height. Then one barks about it. Ump says time. Fellows there will be no arguing about balls and strikes. Situation resolved. Nothing out of the players. He did the same thing, I am told and he told me, at the firecracker when a coach barked about the first pitch of a game.

When the players or coaches are out of line, exhibiting inpappropriate behaviour, you gotta step up.