View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Re: A German view

Quote:
Originally posted by mach3
I can totally agree to your exitement, but here in Germany most people would want Softball (and Baseball) to be kicked out! I know that a lot of people here don't even know the sport but they don't care. They argue that it is only played in the US, not seeing that in many parts of the world, Softball is highly played.
But from a european view, most people don't know the sport. That doesn't mean that the people here don't spend time and effort, but it is really hard here to get it going.

I guess that is also part of the reason, why the diskussion is going the way it goes! Its said, but as long as they don't put it on TV here people will not understand! From last Olympics they kicked the final out of scedule for some first round elimination in track I think. But it was not for a mayor final.

Raoul
Unfortunately they intend to replace it with GOLF. Now GOLF is a great sport, but I doubt that the best players in the world would compete if it was included in the Olympics. If the best in the world do not compete then what is the point?