View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 11:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Coaches first, umpires second? Thanks for the open insult to my/our integrity. I'm not permanently biased toward anything. That was a weak ejection from the standpoint of an umpire and only the standpoint of an umpire.

And if an umpire is an adversary of coaches, and has the scornful attitude that some have toward most or all coaches, perhaps they need to take a look in the mirror.

Man enough?? You need to show thicker skin. If one guy goes back to the dugout, and gives it for 30 seconds or so, you let it go. He didn't throw his bat, and he didn't even look back at you on the way to the dugout. Let him boil until he runs out of steam, and then keep doing your job rather than over-doing it.
I don't usually disagree with you, but in this case I must. Gibson, or any other umpire worth his shin guards, needs to take care of business when openly mocked or ridiculed by a player or coach, no matter whether they are in the dugout or on the field. I don't care if the player goes back into the dugout and takes a bat to the Gatorade jug, or breaks equipment that belongs to the team. That's the manager's problem. But when he stands at the dugout openly taunting and gesturing at me, then we have a problem. And if he is not part of the solution, then he is the problem and must go away.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Wed Aug 05, 2009 at 11:36am. Reason: spelling