View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Umpire View Post
You are basing this on responses from those who are coaches first, umpires second.
Coaches first, umpires second? Thanks for the open insult to my/our integrity. I'm not permanently biased toward anything. That was a weak ejection from the standpoint of an umpire and only the standpoint of an umpire.

And if an umpire is an adversary of coaches, and has the scornful attitude that some have toward most or all coaches, perhaps they need to take a look in the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Umpire View Post
I'll eject them if they are on the field or in the dugout where they feel like it is a safety zone. I have done it and will continue if some player wants to yell at me from the dugout. Too many have this idea in their head that it looks bad if the umpire tosses someone while that person is not in their face yelling at them.

If he is not man enough to say it to my face, why should I let him be coward enough to say it with his back to me or from his dugout?

Good EJ IMO.
Man enough?? You need to show thicker skin. If one guy goes back to the dugout, and gives it for 30 seconds or so, you let it go. He didn't throw his bat, and he didn't even look back at you on the way to the dugout. Let him boil until he runs out of steam, and then keep doing your job rather than over-doing it.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Wed Aug 05, 2009 at 11:03am.