View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 05, 2002, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TXMike
Quote:
Originally posted by Derock1986
Furthermore, if you have that much experience and do not even know where to find the rule in your own rulebook, you have even MORE MAJOR problems. I am not saying just because someone knows the rules backwards and forwards he is going to be a good or great official, but if an official does not know the rules, he will never be anything beyond medioocre. (And I should add...if a guy has reffed 490 games, or 49000 games, but has done them incorrectly, is he really "experienced"????)

[Edited by TXMike on Dec 5th, 2002 at 10:11 AM] [/B]
Come on Mike, I never said I couldn't find the rule. I'm simply saying if you know for a fact that what I'm saying is incorrect, correct me by providing the rule location from the NFHS rule book that makes what I'm saying incorrect otherwise, its one official's judgement or view against another. Being official's we tend to be very defensive about rules of the game because we get challenged so much by coaches, players, and other officials that we have conditioned ourselves to stand firm on our views or rule interpretation UNLESS you prove that i'm wrong by producing the rule from the rule book. I'm not trying to say you're right or wrong but if you're going to say I don't know what I'm talking about, I would prefer you quote the rule authority. No disrespect to you or thiesey but I wear black and white stripes just like you do and even though I'm sure your word is "good as gold" or "you can take your word to the bank", you need to have a rule book out if you're going to challenge me.