Thread: Ending the Half
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 24, 2009, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWH View Post
PM to Robert Goodman: Have you been hitting the sauce???
Actually I think I'm one of few in this thread who isn't making a big tsimmes out of something that doesn't deserve it. Why should extreme measures be needed to explain this situation more than any other one in the game? If the players don't do their part in understanding what's going on when things were explained along with enforcement of the penalty, that's their problem.

My perspective may be colored by the types of games I'm used to, where there's no official time visible, and little or no audience. I think many of your opinions are colored by the opposite perspective to the degree that you think you're emceeing a game show rather than administering a game. As far as I'm concerned, your obligation is to the players, and any other benefit that someone who happens to be in the vicinity derives from your job is a mere side effect. If the clock goes to 0:00, the fire siren, church bells, and cannon all go off, and the crowd goes wild because they don't understand what's going on, that's their problem, and if the players are influenced by them, that's their problem.

Robert