View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 21, 2009, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Well, for one, I make sure I have the right uniform as early as possible. Last year, the Nat I was at used the heather greys. This year, I'm at a different tourney, and it's the navy blue pants (Ronald, if you didn't know that already, well... consider it official: we're wearing navy blue pants as per direct communication with the UIC).

I check all of my shirts and make sure they all look sharp, along with buying a new cap and sometimes a new pair of shoes. I break them in by wearing them around the house before ever wearing them outside.

I introduce myself to the UIC and/or umpire coordinator whenever possible/appropriate, especially if they've never met me.

I give the rules and rules supplement one more cover-to-cover reading, along with the umpire manual.

Most importantly, I try to treat every game I do as though it's a National. That way, when I arrive, I've already done my "rehearsals."

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.