View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 19, 2009, 03:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Both Trail and Lead have things in the paint. It is about angles and where the ball is located. Sometimes you have to call things in the paint as the trail because your partner might not have the right angle or see what happen before some contact. Even in 3 person, the same applies with the Center and the Lead (which have similar angles in 2 person compared to the Trail and Lead). The lane has so many bodies that are likely to be around, the Trail better work hard to call things in the paint. The frequency of calls would depend on what type of play we are talking about and who saw the contact, but for example on rebounds, the Trail must work hard to get an angle and call something. The lead might possibly have things in front of them that prevent them from seeing the entire play or seeing any contact or non-contact at all.

This needs to be said. Not everything you hear at camps is correct. Follow what the instructor is telling you for that moment and use what works or throw out what does not work later. I would never tell this to a camper, but then again that is me. You did not attend my camp and I am not assigning you games. So you must consider the source and how that information is going to affect your game in the future. But I do not know how a Lead is the only person that can call something in the paint when so many plays the lead is clearly screened?

Peace