View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 16, 2009, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojans2545 View Post
Last weekend I was PU in a blowout 16A game, host team was up. It is of course my fault that the other team is losing because my strike zone is different for the two teams. At no point were the coaches of the losing team on me, the only conversation we had was an explanation of the DP/FLEX. By the fifth inning the score was 10-1 in the top of the fifth and all yelling was limited to one loud mouth dad. Close play at the plate, call the girl safe and score is now 11-1. Dad goes nuts, i call time to clean off the plate he mentions among other things that my brush wasnt going to do the job and i should take off my sunglasses so I can actually see the game etc. I call time walk to the fence and calmly say thats enough and walk back to position. The dad gets up and walks himself to the parking lot. Watching my game were the two reps and my UIC. The two reps agreed with how I handled the situation, the coaches were not feeding the fan and it was not all of the fans, just the one. I now have two a**holes however, the one God gave me and the new one my UIC ripped me. How would you guys have handled this situation?
Well, if he was that close to the backstop, I may have had to use the fence to clear the dirt on the bottom of my shoes.

Ed is right, do not interact with the fans. You have enough with which to deal inside the fences without looking for boogers outside of them. If you really wanted to piss him off, just look directly at him every time you are facing his direction and give him a BIG, ****-eating grin!