View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 01:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
No imminent tag, F6 was in short left, but as pointed out, that part of the sitch is irrelevant. I just had a problem with the coach wanting OBS because his runner changed his route when he thought F4 was going to be in his way even though that ended up not being the case. He argued that the impending possible contact caused his runner to alter his path and thus it was OBS.

Oh, and the rest of the story is that my partner "comes to my aid" about the time I have the OC heading back to the dugout to inform the coach that he (the PU) had an OBS call on this but wasn't giving the runner 3rd. Umm, partner, no one asked you and now you just contradicted my call. OC of course now saw reason to continue his argument with the PU. I was so ticked I walked off and back to my C position trying to breathe slowly and count to 1,000 to stop from ripping my partner a new one.
Not to excuse your partner, who clearly stepped all over your call without invitation, but even if it had been obstruction on this play, the runner would have only gotten 2nd base, not 3rd, since in OBR, there has to be a play being made to get the automatic extra base. In this case, the runner was not going to advance, so even with OBS, he gets 2nd base.

So, your partner threw you under the bus, but had it been his call, and he called it obstruction, at least he would have gotten the base award right!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25