View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 10, 2009, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue View Post
The priority is different, but the result is the same. Most, if not all, SP games have a 60 minute time limit, give or take a few minutes. If you are lollygagging during dead ball periods, you're wasting their playing time.

Some people take the opinion of great!, let's do that. Less work, less whining, same pay. I don't roll that way. They're paying to play. I'm getting paid to work. I shouldn't limit what their paying to do because I don't want to do what I'm getting paid to do. Maybe that's why they are calling me anal.
And maybe that's why you get invited to call tourneys and don't get stuck year in, year out, doing only league games.

I'll admit I don't haul butt at the end of every play when calling league games. When doing 3 games in a row, I HAVE to pace myself. However, I'm always in position well before the pitcher is ready to pitch, and I make sure I'm not the one holding up the game. If there's any holdup, it ain't due to any laziness on my part.

Calling in a tourney, on the other hand, is different. I'm jogging back to the plate or back to B at the end of every play. You will never see otherwise from me.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.