View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 07, 2009, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post

I make the "expected call when the ball beats the runner by a significant amount, and the tag is waiting at the bag. You can make all the pretty slides you want, but you're are out.
Steve I agree HOWEVER, the MLB umpires KNOW that just about every call in which a manager / player complains will be replayed a Zillion times in SUPER SLO MO.

They hardly give the "neighborhood" anymore because of Slo Mo replays.

IMO, Jeter has been around a long time and should KNOW what the deal is. If he was a rookie (meaning before he became Derek Jeter) he would have most likely kept his mouth shut.

Another poster IMO, said it best. Up until yesterday Jeter had the trust etc. of his fellow opponents so no need to give Jeter a hard tag etc on a ROUTINE play. How quickly Jeter forgets what happend to him in Toronto. Put him on the DL for an extended period of time.

What has Jeter now done by his comments?

It's time for "BIG BALL" meaning we will start to see some HARD TAGS on routine type plays.

Whatever happend to the tradition of baseball. I guess that went out the window with the lowering of the pitching mound and the advent of the DH among others.

Pete Booth